A huge shout out and thank you goes to
The Importance Of This Award
First, let me start by saying I opened Twitter this morning and saw I was nominated to receive The Bloggers Recognition Award. Here I am staring at my phone thinking….”The what???” I have never heard of this prior, but it didn’t matter. It said reward and my name was attached. Who wouldn’t be excited. I immediatley opened Google and did a search…..Holy Cow!!! So, if you are pondering, “what in the world is this thing they speak of” like I was…here is the scoop!
The Blogger Recognition Award, to my understanding, is an award distributed to Bloggers that have been recognized for producing, in my mind, amazing work. They are valued for putting their blood, sweat, and tears into their blogs. (As I know some of us write about our experiences, that can sometimes be a hard one to put out there) Either way, they are now selected to be part of a community for sharing credibility with these things called “backlinks“. (I had no idea what they were till this morning and I want to save others the time to look it up for the full description – I was thinking it may have something to do with Chiropractors and Back issues – Totally kidding, I figured it was just another word I needed to discover with the Blogging world) Anywho, these “backlinks” are a way to connect different sites so when someone goes to read your post they will see the link that will “redirect” them to another one.
Your Next Steps
If you have been nominated, you will want to write a post thanking the person who nominated you. You will want to make sure you add the “backlink” in there as well so others can review their blog. If you’re still not sure how to do that….go back up to the top of my Blog…..you see the “HERE” that is a hyperlink? THAT is the “backlink” that will let others go back to Gurru Says website. After you have written your post thanking your nominator, you will now have the priviledge to nominate your own 10 to 15 Bloggers you feel are doing a great job! You see how this can spiral into an amazing oppertunity to have your website Worldwide? Plus, how nice is it to share appreciation for each other and build fantastic relationships with other Bloggers? If you know anything about me, relationships are super important to me!
Once nominated you will want to do the following:
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give them the link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your website that talks about you receiving the reward.
- Tell the story of what made you start your Blog
- Write 2 pieces of advice you have for new bloggers
- Nominate 10 to 15 other Bloggers
- Make sure you tell those you nominate they have been nominated. (Otherwise, how will they know you love them)!!!
Why I Started My Blog
As long as I can remember I’ve always wanted to help others. However, finding a way to make a positive impact on other peoples lives on a daily basis can be a little difficult when you have no idea how.
Over the last few years, I have read 30+ books related to self-development, goal setting, and time management. Let’s just say…I learned a LOT! The biggest thing that stepped out for me was Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone. When the question of “what if” popped up, I usually turned around and ran the other way. |HERE is also a link to a Blog I wrote, “Do You Say ‘What If” Too Often?”| It didn’t matter how bad I wanted to achieve something – if it was too difficult or there was a risk to fail I was out! Last year I took the leap. After talking to a few friends about ways to impact people through writing, the term Blog came up over and over. I’ll be honest, I had no idea what that even was either. (so sad) But I was still worried. How much time do I need to invest in a Blog? How do I create my website? What topics should I cover? Do I need to schedule stuff? Plus, I have 3 children 5, 7 and 1 month old. How will I find the time? The questions continued, but
If you are curious on the fine-tuning and more details on how I started my blog, how I came up with the topic, the website, and some of the apps I use, click HERE. (Just so happens I wrote “History Of My Blog – How Did You Create Yours?” a month ago)
2 Pieces Of Advice For New Bloggers
- Blog because you love it and do NOT quit. If you just want to write because it passes time, then go nuts. If you want to Blog because you want to leave your 9 to 5 job, like I do, then do it! But under no circumstance quit unless you completely lose all passion for writing. You will have rough days, rough patches, your stats may be low, no comments or likes, it does NOT matter. You are doing this for YOU and as long as THAT is your focus, the rest will come!
- If you are not tech savy, like myself, find someone to help you. Whether it’s how to set up your website, learning about the best apps or plugins to use, or anything – reach out to someone to mentor you, and go Self-Hosted right away! It’s way better as you have more freedom & better domain names.
The 15 Blogger Recognition Awards
These amazing people are in no particular order but are absolutely fantastic:
- Ell // BossGirlBloggers – Ell Duclos
- Lauren Mai – Lauren Mai
- Philosophy of Dad – Philosophy of Dad
- Cyn | Cynspo –
- Ray – The Ray Journey
- Stephanie Eiler – Citrus and Sun
CharliDee – Life with Charli
- Sophie Harriet – This Brilliant Day
- Han – Safe Haven; Anonymous Letters
- Kelly ~ Diane Report – The Kelly Diane Report
- The Prepping Wife – The Prepping Wife
- SimpleSteps4LL – Simple Steps For Living Life
- The Planking Traveler – The Planking Traveler
- Callum Roebuck – TheCllm
- Lee Stevenson – Life with Lee
Now it’s your turn! Congrats on being nominated and have fun creating your post. I look forward to reading all of them!
Until Next Time – Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, & Instagram.